Sunday, April 3, 2011

Type Project- Essay and Pictures

Addressing questions 1,  3 and 5 from the rubric.

I experimented with many different typefaces to make sure I could get as creative as possible with what I chose in the end. The advantage was that I could make each picture as unique as can be, and the disadvantage being only that of time consumption. At first I was only picking what seemed to be completely random letters with no connection to myself whatsoever. However, after randomly choosing A, S, and H, it seemed only fitting to spell Asher, a strong acquaintance of mine. E and R ended up being pretty cool looking, so I was definitely satisfied. My favorite composition was my use of the letter E, in which I portray docked aircrafts inside of a medical capsule, their representation being of assistance to the body's immune system.

A brief description of the rest of the letters should fit my word limit, so here I go. A is a simple collage of a few obscure, upside-down A's in the background, and several taller, skinnier A's making a bridge shape. S is an atom, represent the element of sulfur, the original intention was unclear in the beginning, but the more and more I played around with some features, the more and more simple, yet meaningful I could make it. H is, simply put, a cool idea for a flag. The idea that popped into my head would be a "New New Mexico" kind of flag. R is really simple, as it is itself. R gives itself that huge sort descending/ascending intro, with the seemingly simple little guy just sitting there the entire time.




1 comment:

  1. I just really like the variety of designs you tried with this. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete