Sunday, April 17, 2011

Collage Project- Essay and Product

The process of my work on this piece was a bit awkward at times. I never have any clear plan in mind whenever I construct any type of art form, and this was certainly going to be no exception, which I knew from the start. Though at the same time, nothing seemed unexpected during the process, being an incredibly random person at heart. The only thing that was a bit unnerving about it was really the trouble I was having with the background, naturally a few aspects of the original picture had to be “skied” out, but I was originally having trouble keeping my friends head and a few of the buildings emphasized. This took quite a bit of time to fix, but in the end it was certainly worth it.

A bit of side info about the picture is that my friend Anthony and I were on vacation in San Francisco, and whilst taking a tour of the inner city, Anthony decided to be a bit adventurous and lean off of a bridge to take a seemingly shocked pose at the golden gate bridge in the distance. Naturally this was a bit humorous from the start, but I figured with the magic of photoshop I could make it simply priceless. I have yet to show my friend, but I can almost guarantee he’ll get quite the kick out of this product of boredom. And being that this was also my homework, I consider this picture to be the epic winner of my week…well, besides me, of course!





1 comment:

  1. This is a whole lotta awesome, but where's the second collage?

    ReplyDelete