Friday, May 27, 2011

Book Reflective Essay

Addressing questions 1, 2, and 4:

The skills I have learned over this course which served me best on this avant-garde / concept book were type, cropping and layering. By applying the proper layers, I was able to have a well-organized set of mustache dummies on either side of my photograph and descriptions. Other than those I only needed to apply basic paint bucket techniques, as well as those applying to simple shape manipulation for the title page, as well as applying previously shopped pictures, which required the use of the color manipulation pallet.

As for the possibility of a production schedule, I am feeling that it is a good idea more and more each and every day. This term I sort of just let things happen for a while, and when I started missing deadlines, I also started to apply a better sleeping schedule. For a while I thought I was completely screwed when I failed to turn in the scratch and poster assignments on time, and when I heard that I could still get a decent amount of credit, I sort of turned myself around, making sure to get everything done on time and develop an effective study schedule. I intend to work on this over the summer to make myself a more efficient and punctual guy.

What will I do with my book? Well, that is unknown in this moment. A few people are coming to mind in which I might show my work, but for the most part, I’m sure I’ll just keep it with the family in the long run. Over breaks I can take a look at it, go all nostalgia and be like “Hey! Remember that time I made that book? Cool man, back to the shelf!”

No comments:

Post a Comment